Here are some other snippets of advice from our writers. We hope you find them useful.
- Try to prepare and emergency kit for the wedding day. Items such as a needle and thread, extra nylons, a roll of tape etc.
- Keep a duplicate song list for the reception musicians or disc jockey.
- Makes sure that all of the bride's clothing, make-up and personal belongings are removed from the changing room at the ceremony site and taken back to the bride's home
- It is a good idea if the maid of honor holds on to a duplicate list of desired shots for the photographer and videographer.
- If you want to be the best maid of honor ever keep a copy of any special prayers or readings to be used during the ceremony.
- Two words: Breath Mints.
- Wear your shoes around thehous one afternoon just to break them in slightly. You are going to be on your feet all day.
- Don't be afraid to ask a close friend to help you. If you need something run out to your car, something mended, or you forgot something don't leave the event, ask a friend who is not in the wedding party to help out. Most people will be very happy to help. People like to be involved in the wedding. Just as you were honored to be asked to be maid of honor your friend may be honored to get the maid of honor's spare panty hose out of her glove compartment.